6 December 2009

This Has Made My Day....

My word! Hypocrisy is rife these days, isn't it? Most of the time it's irritating, but sometimes it really tickles me. This is one such occasion...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8393081.stm

Not that I think it's wonderful that people are slowly choking the planet. I'm a massive fan of penguins and polar bears (although from a distance. I'm under the impression that they can have a bit of an attitude problem. And what the hell was with the random polar bear picture on tonight's X Factor? What did that poor, defenceless creature do to end up behind one of those talentless cretins?). I just think it's funny that the people who are mostly likely to preach climate change dogma are also the ones most likely to be pointlessly wasting energy. Sorry about earlier in the paragraph. I seem to have gone off on a bit of a tangent.

Anyway, given that, in my humble opinion, a lot of the things we're told to do in the name of the planet are more about controlling people than the result of any sort of genuine concern this has rather made my night. I so love being right. It's almost worth being stuck in while Housemate's are out raving. Almost.

Peace and love to all the penguins and polar bears x

No comments:

Post a Comment